Pennsylvania’s
Grand Canyon
We left the beautiful
Lancaster area with all it’s great farms and covered bridges, and let’s not
forget it’s great foods. The Shoo-Fly Pie, Whoopee Pies and Lebanon Bologna are
great. If you are ever in the area you must go to Shady Maple Farm Market and Shady Maple Smorgasbord,
they are in East Earl. While we were in the area we took a day and went to Quakertown, PA. I
was born in Quakertown, but we moved away when I was 3 years old. From here we
went on to Pottstown, PA, to look up a Navy buddy of mine, Robert McTavish. We
lost touch when he gave up his land line for cell phone and got a new email
address. I found his home address and
knocked on the door hoping he still lived here, or someone who did not own a
shotgun. Well it turned out that this was the correct address his wife Gretchen
answered the door and after some conversation we remembered each other. He was
not home, he drives semi and was on the road. I gave her my business card and
she gave me his cell number. We got together and spend the whole day together,
the four of us, on Saturday and went out to eat at Shady Maple Smorgasbord of
course. Thank you Bob!
 |
| Pennsylvania’s
Grand Canyon |
 |
| Near by Church |
 |
| Susquehanna
River |
 |
| Susquehanna
River Again With Farm |
 |
| I Love All This Traveling! Only Life I Have Ever Known, I Have Been To More States That Most People Will Ever See. Are You Jealous? Am I Special Or What? |
 |
| Bob (Robert McTavish) and Myself - Old Navy Buddies |
No comments:
Post a Comment